Wednesday, April 25, 2012
1. Don't be squeamish. Tables are cleaned up before you take a seat.
2. The large plastic or metal pitchers of steaming hot tea that are placed on your table are for drinking and washing your spoon/chopsticks.
3. It's easier to get a table for 2 to 4. If you are a group, be prepared to sit scattered all over the restaurant.
4. Be prepared to share your table should the restaurant is full.
5. Don't mind the restaurant owners and staff who wish you will vacate the moment you finish your food. Just enjoy your food and your conversation.
Lastly, enjoy the food fellas! Remember the saying here: Good Food = Good Mood!
Sunday, April 22, 2012
When dining out, aside from the food specialty of a certain restaurant, I also check the place whether they offer some kind of entertainment. It's nice to be entertained while eating a sumptous meal. I find it specially romantic when guitars are played using Eminence speakers. I heard a lot of bands are using this kind of speakers.
Its been sometime since we went out with the family. We don't have a car at the moment thus all of our plans are all home-based. A barbecue dinner at home with a good wine will also do the job.
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
These are called mixers because of the importance of the mixers that goes with the spirit to create unique cocktails. A Bloody Mary would never be as unique without Tabasco and Worcestershire sauces. Or what would a martini be without vermouth? They probably won’t be as popular as they are today. Mixers can be anything from fresh juices, sodas, creams and tonics which allows bartenders unlimited opportunities to explore and experiment with new cocktails. Some of those juices that make great mixers are tomato, lemon, orange, lime and cranberry while club, cola and lime/lemon sodas are also great for mixed cocktail drinks.
Spirited Cocktail Drinks
These are cocktails mixed with gin, rum recipes, vodka and whiskey. Some popular spirited cocktails include the following:
• Pink Lady – gin, lemon juice, grenadine and egg.
• English Rose – gin, grenadine, apricot brandy, lemon juice and dry vermouth.
• Strawberry Daiquiri – light rum, lime juice, triple sec and strawberries.
• Piña Colada – light rum, coconut cream and pineapple juice.
• Grand Rum Toddy – rum, lime juice, orange liqueur and hot water.
• Cosmopolitan – vodka mix with vodka, cranberry juice and cointreau
• Mudslide – vodka, Irish cream liqueur and coffee liqueur.
• Imperial Fizz – blended whiskey, soda and lemon juice
• Irish Coffee – Irish Whiskey mixed with coffee.
Cocktails have higher calorie content compared to wine and beers because of their added sugar from the combination of alcohol, juices and mixers. Wine only have 22-24 calories per ounce, spirits used for cocktail drinks have around 65-74 which falls on the 2nd to the highest liqueur category with 85-105 calories per ounce. Mocktails were then created for people who wanted the option of drinking cocktails less the alcohol and the calories. Pregnant women and those who do not like the taste of alcohol can still enjoy flavorful drinks and mixes through this category.
Shots and Shooters
These drinks are usually potent and short mixed drinks which are served in a shot glass. They are meant to be consumed in a quick tip of glass and a single swallow. Some of the most popular and widely available shooters include the Jäger Bombs which are made from Jägermeister plus Red Bull; the Jell-O shots made by mixing vodka and flavored jell-o and served in small cups, and the Snake Bite shots which is a mix of Yukon Jack plus some lime juice.
Other types of Cocktail Mixes
Sparkling wine and champagne may also be mixed with spirits to form some sort of cocktails. Even beer can work well with mixers but they would no longer be cocktails technically because they are no longer spirit based. Punches are also mixes of other spirits such as the Sangria which is composed of ginger ale, brandy and red wine.
One direction is to be an entrepreneur. You can put up an eatery or a bakeshop and sell what you have been cooking or baking as a hobby. That way, no only are you doing your hobby but you are also earning. You'll need a capital, though. The other direction is be an employee. You can always get help with resume writing tips online.
Different people have different ways of cooking. While others do their own, others follow. There simply is a divide for those who love to cook. One side cannot cook without a recipe and the other side creates his or her own recipe. Noting it down is a different story. Despite the many cooking shows available, there is always room for more because what one can offer is still different from the others. Whether you are creating your own recipe or you are trying out the recipe of others, having your own kitchen show will give you a particular audience. The quality of the video and sound will help them stay or leave. Why not try a behringer.
Follow Me in Twitter
- ► 2015 (11)
- ► 2014 (27)
- ► 2013 (17)
- ▼ April (5)